Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Trails To Me...Until we stalk again!!

So in a couple of hours I will be on my way to Vegas. Butterflies are a flutterin' already. I am concentrating on my eating and hydrating already because lord knows driving 7 hours in the middle of the Nevada desert doesn't make for many healthy food choices or any food choices at all, unless you like fresh cactus. Speaking of cactus, I wish my ass was skinny enough to pee behind one...just sayin'.
With all the water I need to be drinking we will be stopping every 30 mins...in the middle of nowhere! I don't know if you have ever driven across Nevada, but small towns is an understatement, more like ghost towns!! So, tell me if you think this is just out of the question. I have to go to Target to buy an umbrella stroller for the 2 yr. old. He is also at the age where he needs to learn to go potty like a big boy. So what if I bought one of those little learning potties and used it while we are on the road. I mean come on, can't you picture it. You are driving down the highway,in your luxury vehicle(we can all dream) out in the middle of nowhereland and come upon a woman sitting on a child's potty seat next to her pimped out Chevy Tahoe. It would be one of those moments where you have to do a double take, just so you are absolutely positive about what you just saw! Ummmm....yeah, no! I will not be doing this. But to say that I have a non-existent bladder is an understatement and if I want to stay properly hydrated, I will have to figure something out! Also, I am totally freaked out about what I am going to eat while in Vegas. I am bringing healthy options for the road trip and my yummee found 2 cartons of Pure Protein bars at his desk, but when we are there and eating out. Oy vey!! I have been so scared to eat anything with my recent bout of MSG/Sulfite hatred that I don't even know what to do! Olive Garden for pasta may be an option as long as I stay away from the salad, the breadsticks, and get the sauce on the side. But who wants to go to Olive Garden while in Vegas...nope, I want to go to Margaritaville and veg on bad stuff so that I can feel miserable and perform miserably. Not really, so we will just have to wait and see. On a side note, I think meat (of any kind) and I are on a gastro tug of war. I just don't think it agrees with me anymore. The meatatarian in the family will not be pleased, but it's not like I force him to go vegan. Again, it's a wait and see!!
So here is my road menu:
Whole grain vegan bread
Almond butter
Bananas
Pure Protein Bars
Greek Yogurt (plain)
Granola
Blackberries
Cherry juice (good for recovery due to the anti-inflammatory properties)
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Sprouts
Lunch Meat (hopefully we find some without sulfites, if not...pass)
Avocado
Kidney Beans (help flush Sulfites naturally)
Trail mix
Coconut Water

Any other options I am missing???? Maybe some Peppermint Joe Joe's from Trader Joes. They give you minty fresh breath after you scarf eat them!!

I still have yet to post my Thanksgiving Turkey Trot review and my vegan menu items...maybe I will do that the night before the race when the nerves have me awake at midnight!! I am still thinking a couple of MGD 64's will help me sleep....what do you do to calm the nerves the night before a race??

Las Vegas Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon...here I come!! It's my first half, but not my first race....

2 comments:

  1. Seee ya there! Good luck this weekend (and with all the road pee-stops)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Almost Mrs. Sarah! We arrived about midnight last night. I just refrained from drinking gallons of water and will make up for it today and tomorrow. Good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete