Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oct 13: It's 11:07pm....I should be sleeping

Insomnia is a funny thing. It comes and goes depending on how much the "committee" members (who, BTW, are in my head) have to talk about. Lately, they have been a little chatty and I have really needed to organize my thoughts to get them to shut up. So much going on...and I am such a dork, because I came home early after taking Princess PITA to the doctor, and instead of going for a run...I decided to lay my head on the pillow for just a couple of minutes. Yeah right...2 hours later, I woke up. My yummee had taken the 2 younger kids to the gym and the teenager was doing his chores. I am a little upset with myself. I have really tried to focus on my training and not sleeping at night, doesn't help much. No sleep means my body feels the tiredness of the runner quicker, energy depletion comes quicker, and well....napping for 2 hours when my arse should be out on the trails getting in a 5 mile run. Need to snap out of it and stay on track. I have an after work even tomorrow so running is out of the question, so I think I will do pilates at lunch time! Hey, "tightwad" committee member...I like pilates and really need to stretch so just hush and get out the debit card.

PS>For me to run in the morning after having abnormal sleep habits is just not an option. I would have to get up at the butt crack of dawn in order to run, get ready for work, get all 3 kids ready, and make it to work on time. So, don't start in on the...run in the morning crap...it's just not for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment